THE Galician cheese board
This isn’t just any kind of cheese board. This one combines what we believe are, today, Galicia’s best 4 cheeses. What do they have in common? Exceptional taste, artisanal production and animals that graze freely in Galician fields.
- "Queixo do País” is the cheese par excellence of the Galician countryside. Made by Ganadería Louzao (Pontevedra) with raw cow’s milk, it features mild acidity in the mouth and a very tender texture.
- "Marquesa”, by Cortes de Muar (Silleda), is a semi-cured cheese made with pasteurised cow’s milk. Under this mature rind of natural mould (what a smell!), there is a cheese featuring an extremely creamy texture. Its taste has hints of citrus and is somewhat fruity.
- The Feijoó (Ourense) cheesery has made this Galician version of genuine cured sheep’s cheese since 1949. 100% pasteurised milk and 4 months in the cellar result in an intense taste with unique notes. Silver Medal at Lyon’s Concours Internacional.
- "Savel”, Best Spanish Blue Cheese at the 2019 Salón de Gourmets. Made by Airas Moniz (Chantada) with raw milk from Jersey cows. Unmistakable aroma of P. Roqueforti, great smoothness and surprising elegance.
- As an alternative for those who don’t like blue cheese: “Galmesano,” the Galician version of parmesan that is made in Arzúa with pasteurised cow’s milk. It is matured for 24 months to give it its crumbly texture, an intense taste with notes of nuts and a sweet aroma.
We accompany these delicacies with our strawberry, Albariño and spearmint jam, as well as our typical Mariñeiras biscuits.
- Tell us in observations: if you prefer Galmesano or Savel.
- Weight: 125g (except Savel, 70g)
- €6 included in price for chilled shipping.
Our clients say..."A well-studied selection, perfect in my opinion"